How would you like to score a game-winning goal in front of thousands of fans?
An estimated 3,000 people were in attendance as the Portland Timbers faced off against the Green Machine.
The Timbers, as you may know, play in the MLS. The Green Machine, on the other hand, are an eight-year-old child’s club.
Atticus Lane-Dupre has cancer and, as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, wanted to play against his favorite team.
So he and his teammates did just that, with the final score being 10-9 Green Machine. And we’ll let you guess who scored the winning goal.
H/T to Deadspin.com, which has some fantastic photos and video from the event.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity