ASU football will reconnect student section at Sun Devil Stadium
After listening to Arizona State students, the Sun Devils announced Tuesday they would reconnect The Inferno student section that for football games was split in half over the past two seasons.
The student seating will return to the south side of Sun Devil Stadium.
“We recognize the impact our student body has on every athletic event, especially The Inferno at Sun Devil Stadium, so finding a way to strategically seat them and accommodate their request was very important to us,” said Vice President for University Athletics and Athletic Director Ray Anderson in a release.
ASU said it saw a discrepancy in mobile ticketing between the north and south sections. The move to the south side of the stadium will give students a view of the north video board and easier access to concession stands and the university campus.
“After two years of the split student sections, we listened to the requests and actions of the student body and decided to make a switch back to the old framework of one unified student section,” said Senior Vice President of Educational Outreach and Student Services James Rund.
The change gives other fans access to the lower lever end zone seating on the north side of Sun Devil Stadium, above the Tillman Tunnel.
- ASU completes third phase of Sun Devil Stadium construction
- ASU football players Harry, Darby interview students undercover
- ‘If anything gets messed up, it’s my fault’: ASU’s Wilson takes job seriously
- ASU punter Michael Sleep-Dalton hopes for consistency in 2018
- Next man up: ASU receivers must adjust with loss of John Humphrey