Diamondbacks get festive with 2018 holiday uniforms, hats and socks
The Arizona Diamondbacks will celebrate a series of special holidays during the 2018 season with alternate uniform sets.
Joining the rest of MLB, the D-backs will celebrate Jackie Robinson Day (April 15), Mother’s Day (May 13), Memorial Day weekend (May 26-28), Father’s Day (June 17) and an Independence Day series (July 2-4) with fresh jerseys, hats and socks.
Arizona will wear stars and stripes jerseys for the Fourth of July weekend. The red, white and blue hats will feature the American flag within the design of Arizona’s block A logo.
Memorial Day hats have a camouflage base with olive accents. The jerseys will feature an olive block A logo and numbering, plus an arm five-star patch representing the United States’ five military branches.
The blue Father’s Day uniforms and pink Mother’s Day hats will be complemented by matching Stance socks.
Stance also created special Jackie Robinson Day socks with the same #42 patch that will appear on the players’ regular jerseys that day.
- Rosenthal: Cubs in pursuit of D-backs free agent Daniel Descalso
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- D-backs select RHP Nick Green of Yankees in Rule 5 Draft
- NBA unveils ‘Earned Edition’ uniforms for 16 playoff teams
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’