PHOENIX — Ryan Majerle scored 17 points, Gerard Martin added 13, and Grand Canyon remained a game behind New Mexico State in the Western Athletic Conference with a 67-52 win over Chicago State on Saturday night.
Majerle hit 5 of 10 3-pointers for Grand Canyon (24-4, 10-2), which has won five straight and 17 of 19. The Antelopes finished with 12 makes on 27 attempts from behind the arc.
Chicago State (4-25, 0-12) has lost 16 in a row.
Grand Canyon trailed 14-11 early in the first half but used a 20-7 run to take control and eventually entered halftime with a 35-26 advantage.
Grandy Glaze’s layup less than a minute into the second half put Grand Canyon up 11, and the Antelopes led by double digits the rest of the way.
Fred Sims Jr. led the Cougars with 15 points.
- GCU basketball’s Alessandro Lever, Joshua Braun make All-WAC teams
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Day 3: Majerle and Anderson in studio
- Josh Braun sparks Grand Canyon’s rout of Chicago State
- Arizona Sports Hall of Fame inducts noteworthy 2017 class
- As GCU completes D-I transition, Pac-12 relationship remains complicated