SALT LAKE CITY — Brekkott Chapman had 15 points and No. 22 Utah blitzed Arizona State 81-46 on Thursday night, scoring the first 15 points of the game and opening a 30-2 lead on the way to its fifth straight victory.
Jordan Loveridge added 14 points, Brandon Taylor had 12 and Dakarai Tucker scored 10 for Utah, which plays its final two regular-season games at home, against Arizona and Colorado.
The Utes (22-7, 11-5 Pac-12), just a half-game back of first-place Oregon, made their first five 3-point attempts, including three by Loveridge, to jump out to a 15-0 lead.
Obinna Oleka scored for ASU, but Utah went on to score another 15 consecutive points. The eye-popping 30-2 lead produced some remarkable statistics: The Sun Devils started 1 for 16 from the field with four shots blocked and had 10 turnovers to go along with that single basket.
- ASU’s wild fourth-down conversion seals upset victory over Washington
- ASU benefits from special teams nightmare for Huskies in upset win
- Fork Report: ASU pulls off remarkable upset over No. 5 Washington
- Graham: Turnover battle key to winning Pac-12 games
- A lot has changed since ASU, UW last faced off in Tempe