Dragan Bender is a first-round draft pick out of Croatia, but an NBA talk show host quizzed the 18-year-old on his knowledge of six fictitious pals from New York.
On the talk show “The Starters,” Bender confirmed that he learned to speak English by watching American sitcoms. He admitted that he had seen “pretty much” every episode of the hit show ‘Friends,’ and was quizzed on his knowledge.
He was queried on the name of a nude neighbor, Monica Gellers’ childhood nickname and the title of Phoeboe’s hit song. He was also asked to do an impression of Chandler, to which he promptly said ‘no.’
Bender and the Suns are currently playing in the NBA Summer League.
- Suns use film, analytics to bolster trust; Bender gives a boost
- Suns rookie Deandre Ayton receives first career ejection
- Trivia Tuesday: Top-scoring NBA rookie big men since 1990
- 49ers’ Shanahan opens up about his frustrating Madden experiences
- D-backs catcher Tyler Heineman wows team with card tricks