Dragan Bender is a first-round draft pick out of Croatia, but an NBA talk show host quizzed the 18-year-old on his knowledge of six fictitious pals from New York.
On the talk show “The Starters,” Bender confirmed that he learned to speak English by watching American sitcoms. He admitted that he had seen “pretty much” every episode of the hit show ‘Friends,’ and was quizzed on his knowledge.
He was queried on the name of a nude neighbor, Monica Gellers’ childhood nickname and the title of Phoeboe’s hit song. He was also asked to do an impression of Chandler, to which he promptly said ‘no.’
Bender and the Suns are currently playing in the NBA Summer League.
- Suns’ Devin Booker ranked just within top 50 of SI’s Top 100 NBA players
- ‘Fitzgerald is a top-two WR, and he ain’t two’: Comedian spoofs Cards fans
- Agent told LaVar Ball that Suns might take son LiAngelo late in draft
- Empire of the Suns ranks the Suns’ young core among NBA’s 15 best
- ‘Gotta toughen up!’; ASU hockey spoofs ‘Happy Gilmore’