The Arizona State Sun Devils continue their season with another home game as they welcome the Texas Tech Red Raiders to Tempe for a Saturday night showdown at Sun Devil Stadium.
The Big 12’s Red Raiders are coming off a convincing win against Stephen F. Austin, where they racked up an eye-popping 758 yards of total offense in a 69-17 victory.
Texas Tech uses the Air Raid offense under fourth-year head coach Kliff Kingsbury. They are the only school in the country since 2002 to rank among the top 15 in total offense and top 10 for passing offense. For the Sun Devils to come out on top, they will have to control the Red Raiders explosive offense.
Saturday will mark the third meeting between the Sun Devils and Red Raiders with the series tied at a game apiece. They last played in the 2013 Holiday Bowl, with Tech winning 37-23.
The Sun Devils are 13-5 against teams in the Big-12.
- Herm Edwards: Errors cost ASU at UW, and there are no moral victories
- Sun Devil Source Report Podcast: ASU struggles against the run at SDSU
- Stage fright suggests ASU football still adjusting to the spotlight
- Herm Edwards, ASU preparing for hostile environment at Washington
- Win or lose, ASU coach Herm Edwards doesn’t find sleep easy to come by