Giants star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. hasn’t had the best week, or season for that matter.
He’s been fined three times worth more than $72,000 for violations ranging from taunting to illegal hits. Before his New York squad was to play the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football, he was fresh off his worst performance of his career, a three-catch, 23-yard night against the Vikings.
The 23-year-old even went as far as saying he wasn’t having fun anymore.
And he needed to remind himself to have fun Sunday by wearing gloves with a message: “Just smile.”
It did help him in a loss to the Packers. Beckham finally ended his touchdown drought with a back-of-the-end-zone catch late against Green Bay. Afterward, he celebrated by hugging the kicking net on the Giants sideline.
Don’t remember why he was showing love to the object?
Beckham had a run-in with the field goal net after he slammed his helmet against it and it slammed against his noggin a few weeks back.
Glad to see they’ve made up.
- Giants hire former Cardinals DC James Bettcher for same position
- Cardinals staff turnover already taking shape under coach Steve Wilks
- Report: Cardinals coaching candidate Pat Shurmur expected to join Giants
- Panthers DC Steve Wilks set to meet with Cardinals after visiting Giants
- ‘Black Monday’ in the NFL: Numerous coaches fired, one now retired