Not many times does a college kicker earn notice.
Not many times does a college kicker earn praise.
And how often does a kicker land his own highlight-reel video, let alone end up on one at all?
Zane Gonzalez gets all of the above. That’s the deal for the senior kicker who broke the NCAA record by knocking in his 89th made field goal against the UCLA Bruins last Saturday. The Arizona State athletic department did Gonzalez the honors by clipping every one of his career makes and jamming it into 2:39-minute video.
The ASU kicker continues adding to his career marks this Saturday when the Sun Devils travel to Boulder, Colo., to face the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Bobby Hurley: ASU’s Remy Martin will ‘lead our program into the future’
- Bagley or Ayton? ASU’s Bobby Hurley gives his take on future draft picks
- ASU receiver John Humphrey out for year with Achilles injury
- Former ASU lineman Stephen Berg passes away at 34
- Arizona State falls to Texas, eliminated from women’s NCAA Tournament