Not many times does a college kicker earn notice.
Not many times does a college kicker earn praise.
And how often does a kicker land his own highlight-reel video, let alone end up on one at all?
Zane Gonzalez gets all of the above. That’s the deal for the senior kicker who broke the NCAA record by knocking in his 89th made field goal against the UCLA Bruins last Saturday. The Arizona State athletic department did Gonzalez the honors by clipping every one of his career makes and jamming it into 2:39-minute video.
The ASU kicker continues adding to his career marks this Saturday when the Sun Devils travel to Boulder, Colo., to face the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton
- ASU thrower Maggie Ewen’s unique talents elevated her to next level
- Bobby Hurley: Sun Devils will have more lineup options in 2018-19
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- Chun An Yu qualifies for U.S. Open, joining other ASU golf greats