We didn’t know exactly how former Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin would take his apparent ugly departure from the Crimson Tide right before their national championship game.
The new FAU head coach, however, seems to be supporting the Crimson Tide based on his tweet during halftime of the College Football Playoff National finale. It’s just, um, not the best delivery.
Or is there more to it?
That would appear to be Kiffin deciding it a good idea, as he’s watching the game, to take a picture of his Alabama sweatpants. The photo accompanied a brief “RTR!! #17 #BOKNOWS” comment in support of Alabama running back Bo Scarbrough.
Back to the photo: We can imagine Kiffin actually knows how Twitter works and that this wasn’t meant to be a DM or text message to a private party.
We assume this much because the football coach has proven himself adept at using Twitter with savage intentions before. Take, for example, his tweet on opening week this year when Alabama beat the USC team that fired Kiffin early in the morning on the LAX tarmac.
That hashtag was a reference to his early-morning firing at the hands of the Trojans that followed an ugly loss to Arizona State.
Anyway, good to see Kiffin is comfy and rooting for his former players, even if he and head Alabama coach Nick Saban aren’t on the best terms.
- Suns respond to Kings on Twitter after being handed ‘L’ earlier in season
- PGA posts time-lapse showing construction of ever-exciting 16th hole
- Report: Alabama WR coach Billy Napier to become new ASU offensive coordinator
- Webb, Reynolds have strong connection in Senior Bowl win
- UAB wins brawl-filled battle with Louisiana Tech, 79-70