Kurt Warner receives Hall of Fame jacket at Gold Jacket Ceremony
Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback and Ring of Honor member Kurt Warner received his gold jacket Friday before his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction Saturday.
Warner made his entrance at the Gold Jacket Ceremony greeting several current Hall of Famers and joking with them along the way.
One of those was former Cardinal Aeneas Williams.
The lead-up to Warner receiving the jacket included a video package on his career.
Warner was emotional afterward, struggling to process the moment.
“I’m still trying to figure it all out,” Warner said of receiving the jacket. “When you watch these guys lined up, guys who I watched play, guys who I tried to emulate, guys that I played with and understand their greatness, I’m not sure how I fit into that mix yet.”
Warner said he isn’t sure if he will wear the jacket much, but like his Super Bowl ring that he also doesn’t wear much, he will admire it and reflect on the journey he had with his teammates.
- D-backs mull options at Winter Meetings, Yanks reportedly eye Corbin
- D-backs claim pitcher Henry Owens off waivers
- Former D-back Chris Iannetta agrees to deal with Colorado Rockies
- Reliever T.J. McFarland signs one-year contract with D-backs
- Diamondbacks announce 2018 minor league and development staff