Kurt Warner receives Hall of Fame jacket at Gold Jacket Ceremony
Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback and Ring of Honor member Kurt Warner received his gold jacket Friday before his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction Saturday.
Warner made his entrance at the Gold Jacket Ceremony greeting several current Hall of Famers and joking with them along the way.
One of those was former Cardinal Aeneas Williams.
The lead-up to Warner receiving the jacket included a video package on his career.
Warner was emotional afterward, struggling to process the moment.
“I’m still trying to figure it all out,” Warner said of receiving the jacket. “When you watch these guys lined up, guys who I watched play, guys who I tried to emulate, guys that I played with and understand their greatness, I’m not sure how I fit into that mix yet.”
Warner said he isn’t sure if he will wear the jacket much, but like his Super Bowl ring that he also doesn’t wear much, he will admire it and reflect on the journey he had with his teammates.
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt, Greinke listed among top MLB players in 2018
- Starting pitching once again expected to lead Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona Diamondbacks announce promotional schedule for 2018 season
- D-backs sign pitcher Jorge De La Rosa to minor league contract
- D-backs GM Mike Hazen: All is silent on J.D. Martinez front