Arizona State RB Kalen Ballage accepts invitation to Senior Bowl
Arizona State running back Kalen Ballage has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl, where his post-Sun Devil journey to the NFL will begin.
Ballage will look to top 2,000 career rushing yards and 30 total touchdowns in his Sun Devil career in the Sun Bowl. He’s currently at 1,972 yards with 27 touchdowns to go along with 674 receiving yards and two touchdowns.
The senior had a breakout year in 2016, rushing for 14 touchdowns. Seven of those came in one game against Texas Tech. It was also the only season the Sun Devils had Ballage actively involved in the passing game; he caught 44 balls for 469 yards and a touchdown.
In August, ESPN’s Todd McShay had Ballage as the sixth-best NFL Draft prospect at running back.
The NFL Network will carry coverage of the Senior Bowl practices and the game itself.
The game takes place on Jan. 27 at 12:30 p.m.
- Forecasts project rain, mid-50s for No. 17 ASU’s game against No. 13 Utah
- ASU to wear all-white uniforms for Pac-12 South showdown at Utah
- Arizona State’s ’24/7 College Football’ episode debuts on HBO
- Sun Devil QB Jayden Daniels named Maxwell Award Player of the Week
- ASU football’s episode of HBO’s ’24/7 College Football’ to air Wednesday