Matt Barkley laughs off being mistaken for Carson Palmer
USC quarterbacks are all the same, apparently.
A fan wished former Trojan and Arizona Cardinals signal-caller Carson Palmer a happy birthday on social media, tweeting a photo of the fan’s daughter with Palmer.
The thing is, that wasn’t Palmer in the photo.
The fan mistook the 39-year-old for 28-year-old Matt Barkley, whose birthday is actually Sept. 8.
Barkley had a little fun with it:
To be fair, both Palmer and Barkley have a lot in common. Both played for USC, and in the NFL for the Cardinals and Bengals.
And both have that beard.
The fan has since corrected himself with the real Carson Palmer.
- Cardinals’ Budda Baker leads NFC free safeties in Pro Bowl fan voting
- Cardinals RT Justin Murray named to Pro Football Focus’ Team of the Week
- The Consensus Week 12: Close loss to 49ers drops Cardinals … a bit
- Rest, relax, self-scout: Cardinals have laundry list of bye-week plans
- By the numbers: Cardinals’ defense heading into bye week