Report: Arizona basketball’s Emmanuel Akot to transfer
Arizona basketball’s Emmanuel Akot has decided to transfer from the school, according to a report from 247 Sports’ Evan Daniels.
Akot, a sophomore guard, has averaged 3.8 points per game in 17 games this season, 11 of which have been starts.
He has started all four of the Wildcats’ Pac-12 games and scored a season-high seven points in their win over Colorado on Jan. 3.
Akot’s departure would leave Arizona (13-4, 4-0) with just seven players who average at least 10 minutes per game this season.
The Wildcats’ 2019 recruiting class could have an impact on Akot’s decision to transfer.
Arizona is bringing in two five-star recruits and five total recruits, per 247 Sports.
- Shane Doan believes Coyotes can take advantage of NHL’s 24-team playoff
- Pac-12 OKs in-person workouts, tries to solve puzzle of COVID-19 state rules
- Arizona State golf programs featured in Golf Channel series
- Basketball put on pause for Native Americans amid coronavirus outbreak
- Pac-12’s Larry Scott: College football camps could start in July