Bill Walton already in mid-season form on White Sox broadcast
Although the Pac-12 basketball season is still a few months away, Bill Walton is back in the booth.
If only for one night.
The Chicago White Sox invited Bill Walton to color commentate alongside play-by-play announcer Jason Benetti for Friday’s game in Anaheim against the Angels.
Walton and Benetti even wore matching tie-dye White Sox shirts.
Walton then started explaining the game of baseball, and also let the viewers at home know that he’s been dead for years.
— White Sox Talk (@NBCSWhiteSox) August 17, 2019
He clearly did his research before the game.
Bill Walton: “Who’s playing tonight?”
— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) August 17, 2019
Walton was really excited about a routine fly ball.
Bill Walton commentating on a routine pop out to left is a delight. 😂 pic.twitter.com/1hGygPDZHt
— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 17, 2019
Walton’s energy was through the roof as the White Sox extended their lead on a wild pitch.
On a scale of 1-Bill Walton, what’s your excitement level? pic.twitter.com/nRjqCOo8pc
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 17, 2019
Have no fear Pac-12 fans, basketball is on the way.
- ASU baseball’s Spencer Torkelson schools Bill Walton on the diamond
- Bill Walton takes a tour of Arizona State in his own special ASU gear
- Bill Walton goes in search for mushrooms before tipoff, drops knowledge
- Bill Walton thinks DeAndre Ayton is an animal — in a good way
- NBA releases video of the top ten dunks from Marquese Chriss