Phoenix Rising to play 2 MLS teams in 5-match preseason schedule
Phoenix Rising FC announced its full 2022 preseason schedule earlier this week.
The team will play a total of six opponents across five friendly matches, which includes two MLS teams, one USL Championship club and one USL League One side.
PRFC will also have an exhibition game against new NISA side Valley United FC and Grand Canyon University, who both play their home matches at GCU Stadium.
Those MLS clubs feature Houston Dynamo FC on Feb. 8 in Tucson and Sporting Kansas City at Wild Horse Pass on Feb. 12.
SKC used Phoenix Rising’s training facilities at WHP for its preseason camp location in 2021.
Phoenix also hosts Louisville City FC on Feb. 19 at 7 p.m., as well as Valley United on Feb. 23 and GCU/FC Tucson on March 5.
However, only the Lou City match — who PRFC lost to 1-0 in the 2018 USL Championship Final — is available to be attended by the public.
All other preseason matches will be played behind closed doors.
Rising fans will have an opportunity to see former Phoenix left back Amadou Dia back at Wild Horse Pass, as the 28-year-old signed with Louisville this offseason after spending the last two years with Sporting KC and SKC II.
PRFC’s full 2022 preseason schedule is listed below:
– Feb. 8: vs. Houston Dynamo at Kino North Stadium (behind closed doors)
– Feb. 12: vs. Sporting KC at Wild Horse Pass (behind closed doors)
– Feb. 19: vs. Lou City at Wild Horse Pass (7 p.m.)
– Feb. 23: vs. Valley United at Wild Horse Pass (behind closed doors)
– March 5: vs. GCU/FC Tucson at Wild Horse Pass (behind closed doors)