Arkansas visited Oxford, Miss., to face the Ole Miss Rebels in an good ol’ SEC showdown when Mississippi fans got tired of a high-scoring back-and-forth.
In a solid but perhaps misguided attempt to stop Razorbacks quarterback Brandon Allen, at least one fan attempted to have him removed by state police.
Though Oxford Police clearly root for their Rebels, they clearly didn’t appreciate that one of their phone lines got tied up by a rogue fan. The police used their Twitter account to request that 911 be utilized for things more serious in nature.
Asking us to kick the Arkansas QB out of the stadium is not a legit reason to dial 911. #ARKvsMISS
— Oxford Police Dept (@OxfordPolice) November 7, 2015
Was it a valiant effort? Yes. Smart? No.
- ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche predicted as breakout rookie for Cardinals
- Cardinals rookie Nkemdiche: I can be as good as I want to be
- Cardinals rookie Nkemdiche is ‘doing well’ during OTAs
- NFL.com’s Carr: Robert Nkemdiche is a 2016 draft class wild card
- First-round pick Nkemdiche goes through first practice as a Cardinal