Home Run Trot and Fall of the Day: LG's Luis Jimenez ran into a bit of trouble after rounding 3rd base pic.twitter.com/0cUIrfbWis— Dan (@MyKBO) April 10, 2016
Anyone who has ever hit an over-the-fence home run got to enjoy what has to be one of the most enjoyable things in sports:
The home run trot.
The player, as a reward for their achievement, gets to take a leisurely stroll around the bases, making sure to touch first, second and third before concluding by stepping on home plate.
Unfortunately for Luis Jimenez, who is playing for the LG Twins in the Korean Baseball League, his trip around the bases after a recent home run was not completed without incident.
On the bright side, the home run still counted, and he appeared to take the fall…ehem…in stride.
- Eye on the ball: Humidor debuts in Diamondbacks opener
- Torrey Smith, Eagles celebrate TD with choreographed home run
- Sedona Red Recap: Arenado’s eighth inning blast sinks D-backs
- Goldschmidt and Greinke do their thing, lead D-backs past Giants
- Astros gift Athletics two runs with ‘Little League home run’