When it falls, you either soak it up or you fall in to a state of perplexity -- enraptured by the wonder that is water falling from the sky.
We can relate.
Anyway, such a response seemed to be what fell over a pair of players from San Diego's baseball team in Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
Everth Cabrera and Yasmani Grandal captured summer's essence by turning Citizens Bank Park's infield rain tarp into their own slip n' slide. A rain delay prolonged the activity.
The Diamondbacks currently sit a half-game back from the Padres in the National League West.
So, you know, keep on sliding, Padres. Keep on sliding.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover