When it falls, you either soak it up or you fall in to a state of perplexity -- enraptured by the wonder that is water falling from the sky.
We can relate.
Anyway, such a response seemed to be what fell over a pair of players from San Diego's baseball team in Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
Everth Cabrera and Yasmani Grandal captured summer's essence by turning Citizens Bank Park's infield rain tarp into their own slip n' slide. A rain delay prolonged the activity.
The Diamondbacks currently sit a half-game back from the Padres in the National League West.
So, you know, keep on sliding, Padres. Keep on sliding.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad