Updated Jul 17, 2014 - 8:35 am
You ever wanted to pet a baseball uniform?
Sure, there are great team names like the Albuquerque Isotopes, the Bowling Green Hot Rods, the Hickory Crawdads and the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.
Now, there are teams with great names that are unveiling really creative uniforms.
Take the El Paso Chihuahuas, the Triple-A Pacific Coast League affiliate of the San Diego Padres, for example.
Great name? Check.
Creative uniforms. Umm...check!
The Chihuahuas will take the field in these adorable threads Sunday, Aug. 3 against the Reno Aces for Bark at the Park.
The jerseys will be auctioned off after the game with the proceeds benefiting the Humane Society of El Paso.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security