Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 1:49 pm
Peterson wins special teams award--again
Peterson returned a punt 80 yards for a touchdown in the Cardinals' 23-20 win over the St. Louis Rams last Sunday. It was his fourth punt return for a touchdown this season, which ties an NFL record the most in a single year. He's also the first player in the history of the league to have four touchdown returns of 80 or more yards.
It's also the second time that Peterson has won the award following a game against the Rams. Back in Week 9, Peterson's 99-yard punt return in overtime lifted the Cardinals to a 19-13 win.
To commemorate his historic season, the shoes Peterson wore in the Week 9 win against St. Louis are headed to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.