Updated Mar 15, 2012 - 4:59 pm
New Cardinal Adam Snyder impressed with roster, nervous about meeting new teammates
So, one might wonder, why jump from the San Francisco 49ers to the Arizona Cardinals?
"The football team is great," Snyder told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "This team is only on the rise, and if you look at the roster, from top to bottom, it's elite talent."
Snyder signed a a five-year contract with the Cardinals after spending his previous seven seasons by the bay, and looks to bring a hard working mentality to his new team.
"When you're an offensive lineman that's all you can ask for, and so I just try to play as hard as I can," he said.
"I think I had my best year in football this past season, and I think part of that is because I got the opportunity to play one position," he said. "I bounced around so much in San Francisco that I never really had a place to call home."
Assuming Snyder lands at right guard, the Cardinals still find themselves needing to fill both tackle spots.
But that's for another day, as right now the team -- and its newest player -- are just happy to be together, even if the player is a bit nervous about meeting his new teammates.
Remember, as an offensive lineman, Snyder spent many afternoons battling with Cardinals defenders, including the outspoken Darnell Dockett.
"A little bit, I'm not going to lie," he said if there was some trepidation about teaming up with players he used to tussle with on Sundays.
"Me and Darnell have battled, but I'm excited to have him on my side now," Snyder said. "He's always been a nice guy. In the middle of a game things are said and it takes a real man to shake your hand after the game and say 'good game' and he's always done that.
"He's a real classy guy, so I'm excited to now be a part of what this defense brings to the game."
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.