Daryl Washington wants to be 'the guy' for the Arizona Cardinals
"We think we have a lot of good players, a lot of good depth behind good players," Horton said. "Our thing is, you be the guy."
Linebacker Daryl Washington appears to be the man for the job.
"He has publicly mentioned that 'I want to be the face of the franchise, I want to be Larry [Fitzgerald], I want to be Adrian [Wilson], I want to be that guy,' which takes a lot of responsibility," Horton said.
Since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Washington has been a force to be reckoned with.
This season, he leads the team in tackles (68), sacks (8) and forced fumbles (2).
"He is backing everything up, and he is doing a fantastic job," Horton. "We are glad we have him. He is relentless in everything he does."
Cardinals' fans can rest easy knowing that this talented linebacker will be around for a while. Prior to the season, Washington signed a contract that keeps him in the Valley for the next six years.
Washington and the Cardinals return to action Sunday when they travel to Green Bay and take on the Packers.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.