Daryl Washington wants to be 'the guy' for the Arizona Cardinals
"We think we have a lot of good players, a lot of good depth behind good players," Horton said. "Our thing is, you be the guy."
Linebacker Daryl Washington appears to be the man for the job.
"He has publicly mentioned that 'I want to be the face of the franchise, I want to be Larry [Fitzgerald], I want to be Adrian [Wilson], I want to be that guy,' which takes a lot of responsibility," Horton said.
Since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Washington has been a force to be reckoned with.
This season, he leads the team in tackles (68), sacks (8) and forced fumbles (2).
"He is backing everything up, and he is doing a fantastic job," Horton. "We are glad we have him. He is relentless in everything he does."
Cardinals' fans can rest easy knowing that this talented linebacker will be around for a while. Prior to the season, Washington signed a contract that keeps him in the Valley for the next six years.
Washington and the Cardinals return to action Sunday when they travel to Green Bay and take on the Packers.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up