Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 10:17 am
Cardinals consider leaving Flagstaff training site
The team has issued a request to Glendale on proposals to host training camp beginning in summer 2013.
Julie Frisoni with the City of Glendale said they have until Friday to give the team a plan.
"The Cardinals have had a sellout every game since they moved to their new stadium in Glendale in 2006," said Frisoni. "Certainly if it makes sense to host the training camp as well, it's something that we would definitely want to look into."
Members of the Glendale City Council are meeting this afternoon to discuss the possible move. Frisoni said cost is the top priority.
"We obviously have to look at all the benefits that hosting an event of this magnitude would bring."
Glendale is facing big budget issues after the council approved a $300 million deal to keep the Coyotes. The city will have to cut almost $20 million and 200 jobs within the next five years.
Frisoni said Glendale isn't the only Valley city on the Cardinals' list, in addition to the possibility the team could remain in Flagstaff.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!