Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 10:17 am
Cardinals consider leaving Flagstaff training site
The team has issued a request to Glendale on proposals to host training camp beginning in summer 2013.
Julie Frisoni with the City of Glendale said they have until Friday to give the team a plan.
"The Cardinals have had a sellout every game since they moved to their new stadium in Glendale in 2006," said Frisoni. "Certainly if it makes sense to host the training camp as well, it's something that we would definitely want to look into."
Members of the Glendale City Council are meeting this afternoon to discuss the possible move. Frisoni said cost is the top priority.
"We obviously have to look at all the benefits that hosting an event of this magnitude would bring."
Glendale is facing big budget issues after the council approved a $300 million deal to keep the Coyotes. The city will have to cut almost $20 million and 200 jobs within the next five years.
Frisoni said Glendale isn't the only Valley city on the Cardinals' list, in addition to the possibility the team could remain in Flagstaff.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.