Updated Oct 9, 2013 - 3:53 pm
Arizona Cardinals have mixed feelings on last game at Candlestick Park
That will change next season as the San Francisco 49ers will relocate to the brand new, $1.2 billion Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in time for the 2014 season.
The Arizona Cardinals are preparing for their final trip to Candlestick Park as they'll meet the 49ers Sunday in an important early-season NFC West matchup.
Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians doesn't feel all that nostalgic about the stadium they call "The Stick."
"No, not at all," Arians joked when asked if he'd miss the venerable stadium located on the western shore of the San Francisco Bay.
Although Arians is new to the Cardinals, there are likely many in the organization who feel the same way, solely based on the team's results there.
The Cardinals are just 5-14 as the visitors at Candlestick, and only 3-11 since moving to the Valley in 1988. The Niners have won the last four meetings between the teams in San Francisco by an average score of 29-8.
Arizona quarterback Carson Palmer, who attended his first NFL game at Candlestick, feels a little different about the stadium.
"I do have an affection for it, growing up in California, you saw a lot of games on TV at Candlestick," Palmer said. "I'm excited to play there."
This will be Palmer's second career game at Candlestick. The first came on December 15, 2007, as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. Palmer completed 19-of-31 passes for 252 yards and a touchdown, but it wasn't enough as the 49ers prevailed 20-13.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.