Updated Oct 9, 2013 - 3:53 pm
Arizona Cardinals have mixed feelings on last game at Candlestick Park
That will change next season as the San Francisco 49ers will relocate to the brand new, $1.2 billion Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in time for the 2014 season.
The Arizona Cardinals are preparing for their final trip to Candlestick Park as they'll meet the 49ers Sunday in an important early-season NFC West matchup.
Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians doesn't feel all that nostalgic about the stadium they call "The Stick."
"No, not at all," Arians joked when asked if he'd miss the venerable stadium located on the western shore of the San Francisco Bay.
Although Arians is new to the Cardinals, there are likely many in the organization who feel the same way, solely based on the team's results there.
The Cardinals are just 5-14 as the visitors at Candlestick, and only 3-11 since moving to the Valley in 1988. The Niners have won the last four meetings between the teams in San Francisco by an average score of 29-8.
Arizona quarterback Carson Palmer, who attended his first NFL game at Candlestick, feels a little different about the stadium.
"I do have an affection for it, growing up in California, you saw a lot of games on TV at Candlestick," Palmer said. "I'm excited to play there."
This will be Palmer's second career game at Candlestick. The first came on December 15, 2007, as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. Palmer completed 19-of-31 passes for 252 yards and a touchdown, but it wasn't enough as the 49ers prevailed 20-13.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.