Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
The Cardinals are 5-1 over that span, and Palmer -- who struggled with turnovers for much of the season -- has thrown just four interceptions, and his only multi-interception game came in a 24-21 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'm seeing a quarterback that has confidence in his playmakers," NFL Network analyst and former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Tuesday.
"Early on, everyone was feeling themselves out in this offense. [Palmer was] holding the ball longer, trying to force some things. Wasn't comfortable with what guys were going to do.
"But now he's not only more comfortable in the system, but feels confidence in his playmakers. Give him confidence and a pocket, and he can make every throw."
Palmer's play is perhaps the biggest reason that the Cardinals are in the thick of the NFC Wild Card race, though they'll likely need to win the rest of their games and finish at 11-5. Palmer ranks ninth in the NFL in yards per game (266), and ranks eighth in completion percentage among starters.
Palmer and the Cardinals will look to continue their playoff run with a road game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.