Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
The Cardinals are 5-1 over that span, and Palmer -- who struggled with turnovers for much of the season -- has thrown just four interceptions, and his only multi-interception game came in a 24-21 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'm seeing a quarterback that has confidence in his playmakers," NFL Network analyst and former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Tuesday.
"Early on, everyone was feeling themselves out in this offense. [Palmer was] holding the ball longer, trying to force some things. Wasn't comfortable with what guys were going to do.
"But now he's not only more comfortable in the system, but feels confidence in his playmakers. Give him confidence and a pocket, and he can make every throw."
Palmer's play is perhaps the biggest reason that the Cardinals are in the thick of the NFC Wild Card race, though they'll likely need to win the rest of their games and finish at 11-5. Palmer ranks ninth in the NFL in yards per game (266), and ranks eighth in completion percentage among starters.
Palmer and the Cardinals will look to continue their playoff run with a road game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.