Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
The Cardinals are 5-1 over that span, and Palmer -- who struggled with turnovers for much of the season -- has thrown just four interceptions, and his only multi-interception game came in a 24-21 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'm seeing a quarterback that has confidence in his playmakers," NFL Network analyst and former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Tuesday.
"Early on, everyone was feeling themselves out in this offense. [Palmer was] holding the ball longer, trying to force some things. Wasn't comfortable with what guys were going to do.
"But now he's not only more comfortable in the system, but feels confidence in his playmakers. Give him confidence and a pocket, and he can make every throw."
Palmer's play is perhaps the biggest reason that the Cardinals are in the thick of the NFC Wild Card race, though they'll likely need to win the rest of their games and finish at 11-5. Palmer ranks ninth in the NFL in yards per game (266), and ranks eighth in completion percentage among starters.
Palmer and the Cardinals will look to continue their playoff run with a road game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?