Updated Jan 21, 2014 - 4:41 pm
Arizona Cardinals lose Jason Licht to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though they were able to keep defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, it was reported early Tuesday that they were not so lucky with regards to Vice President, Player Personnel Jason Licht.
The Buccaneers confirmed the report later in the day.
"We are excited to welcome Jason Licht as the new general manager of the Buccaneers," said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer. "Jason is a seasoned NFL personnel veteran who has worked with some of the most accomplished individuals in professional football while contributing to success in New England, Philadelphia and Arizona. His strong player personnel background provides the ideal complement to Lovie Smith's philosophy as our head coach. We look forward to working with Jason and Lovie as we set the foundation and chart the course for the future of Buccaneers football."
Licht had just finished his third year with the Cardinals and first in the role of vice president, player personnel. He had an important role in scouting (professional and college) as well as contract negotiations.
Before working with the Cardinals, Licht had been employed by the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.