Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 1:33 pm
Phoenix Suns trade deadline chatter
The Phoenix Suns made a pair of trades, but neither would be considered a "big move".
But the rumors were flying all over the place, and we collected all we could find here.
February 21, 2013 (DEADLINE DAY)
Trade deadline over the Phoenix Suns are finished, no more deals— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) February 21, 2013
The Suns don't expect to land Atlanta's Josh Smith before deadline, "Won't happen," I'm told. Milwaukee seen as leader in that clubhouse.— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) February 21, 2013
The wheeling and dealing continued for the Phoenix Suns Thursday as the team sent backup point guard Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for center Hamed Haddadi and a 2nd round pick.
Rumbles persist that Hamed Haddadi & second-rounder to Phoenix to bring Bassy Telfair to Toronto is likely outcome in final hour of deadline— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 21, 2013
A trade involving Telfair would make sense, as the veteran has fallen to third on the Suns' depth chart at point guard and has logged only 26 minutes in Phoenix's last 11 games.
Milwaukee, Phoenix emerging as frontrunners for Josh Smith deal, league sources tell Y! Sports. Boston still a "darkhorse," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 21, 2013
The move was necessitated by the Suns' acquisition of Marcus Morris from Houston Wednesday night.
February 20, 2013
Suns, some NBA officials contend, are top cinders for Smith. Gortat, Dudley and 1st rounder being discussed.— Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) February 21, 2013
It appears to some as if the Suns are still pushing hard to land Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith.
Bash Bros bout to be in full effect in PHX. Never seen @keefmorris smile so much. Over here literally giggling lol. Awwww!— Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) February 21, 2013
Originally published: Feb 20, 2013 - 5:56 pm It appears the Phoenix Suns have made a trade.
Don't be surprised if one of the Rockets' deals for Morris would send him to Phoenix for Jermaine O'Neal.— Matt Jackson (@MJ4Sports) February 21, 2013
With the NBA trade deadline looming, the Phoenix Suns have been at the center of many a rumor in the past couple weeks.
Among teams and officials involved in Josh Smith talks, the three most likely destinations right now: Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Phoenix.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 20, 2013
No truth to rumor of Gortat and Tucker to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a first......not going to happen— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) February 20, 2013
It looks like ESPN.com's Tom Haberstroh would like to see the Phoenix Suns get ripped off.
February 19, 2013
Tuesday afternoon, ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard reported that the Phoenix Suns were likely out of the mix on Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith.
But all is not quiet on the trade front.
As the NBA trade deadline nears rumors and speculation are running rampant, and one of them says the Phoenix Suns are actively trying to acquire Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith.
February 18, 2013
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
February 14, 2013
The Suns as we know them now may not look the same in one week's time. The NBA trade deadline is next Thursday, February 21 at 1:00 Arizona time.
February 13, 2013
The Phoenix Suns are mired in last place of the Western Conference with a 17-36 record.
With the NBA trade deadline approaching after the All-Star Break, rumors involving the Phoenix Suns have been circulating.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.