Updated Mar 29, 2012 - 2:33 pm
Jake Plummer believes ASU is heading in the right direction
Still, when his alma mater was matched up with Boise State in the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl last December, his embarrassment was not for the Sun Devils, who lost 56-24.
"I was a little upset that Boise State was put in a game to play the Arizona State Sun Devils," Plummer told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "That may rile some fans out there, but I thought it was a slap in Boise State's face that they had to play my alma mater.
"I actually was kind of embarrassed."
The good news for Plummer's school is that they have moved on from the disappointment that was last season, having fired head coach Dennis Erickson and replaced him with Todd Graham. And, with the new guy now running the show, the 2012 Arizona Sports Hall of Fame inductee says things are looking up in Tempe.
Plummer is impressed with the school getting former players and alumni more involved with the decision-making process, as he feels it will lead to positive changes.
"What's going to turn this program around is to see familiar faces from days past that have done it," Plummer said, "that went to [Camp] Tontozona, that put in the blood, sweat and tears to be the pride that a Sun Devil needs to have.
"I think that these kids had lost that, but they're going to get it back. It will happen."
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r