ASU AD Patterson: People should feel good about ASU again
The Sun Devils, for all their exploits, struggled to connect with the community, with their alumni.
They've worked hard to change that.
Athletic director Steve Patterson, a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf during "Newsmakers Week", said he believes the school's efforts have helped.
"I think we're on the path of repairing our relationships with a number of folks and constituent groups in the community," he said.
Patterson pointed to the 400 people who were at a baseball dinner last week, and said there was a lot of work to be done in changing the perception of ASU.
"I think if people look at us and give us a clean slate, they're going to see a lot of great things happening at ASU right now," he said.
And Patterson wants everyone to feel good about it the success the Devils are having in a variety of different sports and believes folks should be taking notice.
"It's a time for people to take a look at ASU and recognize that they can feel good about being associated with us again," he said. "And I hope they are."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works