Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 8:15 pm
Jahii Carson's mom vents frustration on Twitter
One of the repeating themes in many of ASU's losses this season is that the Sun Devils can't seem to get all of their key rotation players playing well at the same time.
Freshman guard Jahii Carson was excellent, scoring 22 points and dishing out seven assists. Senior wing Carrick Felix had 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Sophomore Jonathan Gilling did have a key lapse in judgment in a one-possession game late in the overtime period, but without his six three-pointers, ASU doesn't extend the game to OT.
On the other side of the coin, guards Evan Gordon and Chris Colvin couldn't get untracked offensively, both going scoreless on a combined 0-for-6 shooting night.
Such losses are frustrating, especially when the win is there for the taking, but maybe nobody was more frustrated than Vanae Carson, Jahii's mother. If you don't believe it, just check out her Twitter feed from Wednesday night.
WOW!!! Mental lapses @ wrong time. Can't make dumb mistakes in OT games— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
I am so OVA this...just pissed @ mediocrity. Why can't we do what others teams do effortlessly???— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
Vanae also took the time to respond to others tweets about her son.
@kyle_odegard Jahii doesn't have many deficiencies, his team does.— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
But they didn't stop there.
@doughaller Gilling can't think the game. He's a shooter and that's it. A liability on defense and pitiful decision maker dribbling the ball— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
We're not saying Mrs. Carson isn't accurate with at least some of her observations, but she's probably putting her son in a difficult situation with fellow social media savvy teammates.
After all, Jahii has at least four games left in a Sun Devil uniform. At least.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.