Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 8:15 pm
Jahii Carson's mom vents frustration on Twitter
One of the repeating themes in many of ASU's losses this season is that the Sun Devils can't seem to get all of their key rotation players playing well at the same time.
Freshman guard Jahii Carson was excellent, scoring 22 points and dishing out seven assists. Senior wing Carrick Felix had 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Sophomore Jonathan Gilling did have a key lapse in judgment in a one-possession game late in the overtime period, but without his six three-pointers, ASU doesn't extend the game to OT.
On the other side of the coin, guards Evan Gordon and Chris Colvin couldn't get untracked offensively, both going scoreless on a combined 0-for-6 shooting night.
Such losses are frustrating, especially when the win is there for the taking, but maybe nobody was more frustrated than Vanae Carson, Jahii's mother. If you don't believe it, just check out her Twitter feed from Wednesday night.
WOW!!! Mental lapses @ wrong time. Can't make dumb mistakes in OT games— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
I am so OVA this...just pissed @ mediocrity. Why can't we do what others teams do effortlessly???— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
Vanae also took the time to respond to others tweets about her son.
@kyle_odegard Jahii doesn't have many deficiencies, his team does.— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
But they didn't stop there.
@doughaller Gilling can't think the game. He's a shooter and that's it. A liability on defense and pitiful decision maker dribbling the ball— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
We're not saying Mrs. Carson isn't accurate with at least some of her observations, but she's probably putting her son in a difficult situation with fellow social media savvy teammates.
After all, Jahii has at least four games left in a Sun Devil uniform. At least.
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Taylor Kelly, D.J. Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?