Updated Sep 10, 2013 - 8:41 am
ASU to honor Granite Mountain Hotshots, other first responders
"We've asked Wisconsin to take part in this as well and they will bring out a jersey with the number 19 as well."
ASU mascot Sparky will do 19 pushups every time the Sun Devils score.
First responders will get discounted tickets as well with a special promo code, and ASU is teaming up with the 100 Club of Arizona who will be at the game raising money for scholarship funds for the families of first responders who've been lost.
"The decision making process was really about what is the right thing to do," said Kennedy. "Especially for those who gave their lives, not only the Granite Mountain Hotshots but the other fallen first responders."
Among the first responders to be honored are DPS Officer Tim Huffman, Phoenix Firefighter Bradley Harper and Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz. All were lost in the past year.
The ASU men's and women's basketball teams will have first responders nights as well during their respective seasons.
Jim Cross, Reporter
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.