Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona State's Carl Bradford hires agents, to go to NFL
ASU DE/OLB Carl Bradford has signed with Athletes First. A1 NFL agents Dave Dunn & Justin Schulman will rep him for the NFL draft.— Liz Mullen (@SBJLizMullen) January 13, 2014
By signing with an agency, Bradford is deciding to forego his final season of college eligibility to enter the NFL Draft.
As a junior, Bradford finished the 2013 season with 61 tackles -- 19 for loss -- and 8.5 sacks. He was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection.
In three seasons with the Sun Devils, Bradford registered 21.5 sacks.
ASU LB Carl Bradford will officially enter the NFL Draft. We wish him and all the other Sun Devils preparing for the draft the best of luck!— Sun Devil Football (@FootballASU) January 13, 2014
"It was an honor and a privilege to coach Carl Bradford at Arizona State University. Carl leaves ASU with his degree and that is what we are most proud of," Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham said in a statement. "Additionally, with players like Carl, Will Sutton, Chris Young, Osahon Irabor and Alden Darby we built the No. 1 defense in Pac-12 Conference play and one of the top rated units nationally. We want to be known for tough, stout defense at ASU and Carl helped us achieve that in 2012 and 2013. We appreciate Carl for being a great Sun Devil and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."
Bradford's departure will leave Arizona State's defense with just two returning starters from the 2013 team, which ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in total defense and seventh in scoring defense.
The 6-foot-1, 242-pound linebacker graduated in December with a degree in criminal justice.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.