Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 7:59 am
State of Arizona has ties to Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey
Former Arizona State players Brock Osweiler and Omar Bolden are headed to the Super Bowl after the Denver Broncos' 26-16 win over the New England Patriots Sunday. Osweiler, a second-year backup quarterback, and Bolden, a third-year safety, are the 42nd and 43rd ASU players to be on a Super Bowl roster. Former ASU receiver Gerell Robinson is on the Broncos' practice squad.
Former ASU tight end Zach Miller became the 44th, when his Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 to win the NFC title.
But that's not where the Arizona ties to Super Bowl XLVIII end. Former Arizona Cardinals Paris Lenon and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie also play for Denver, former Cards linebacker O'Brien Schofield plays for Seattle.
Rodgers-Cromartie was with the Cardinals when they won the NFC Championship and lost the Super Bowl in 2009, his lone Super Bowl appearance. Lenon spent the past three seasons with the Cardinals, and was part of the 0-16 Detroit Lions in 2008 and 1-15 St. Louis Rams in 2009. Schofield spent the first three years of his NFL career with the Cardinals, raching up 10.5 sacks in 35 games.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.