Updated May 10, 2014 - 9:20 am
Former ASU defensive lineman Will Sutton selected by Bears in third round of 2014 NFL Draft
Former Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton was taken by the Chicago Bears with the No. 82 overall pick in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
A three-year starter in Tempe, Sutton was force to be reckoned with during his time in maroon and gold.
The 6-foot-1, 288-pound lineman capped a tremendous collegiate career with 161 total tackles, 45.5 tackles for a loss, 20.5 sacks, nine pass deflections and four forced fumbles.
During his breakout junior campaign, in which he recorded a career-high 23.5 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks, he was not only the conference's top defensive player but a consensus All-American.
The Corona, Calif. became the 11th ASU defensive lineman to be drafted in the last 20 years, joining the likes of Bryan Proby, Shawn Swayda, Vince Amey, Jeremy Staat, Shante Carter, Junior Ioane, Erik Flowers, Jimmy Verdon, Dexter Davis and Lawrence Guy.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.