Updated May 10, 2014 - 9:20 am
Former ASU defensive lineman Will Sutton selected by Bears in third round of 2014 NFL Draft
Former Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton was taken by the Chicago Bears with the No. 82 overall pick in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
A three-year starter in Tempe, Sutton was force to be reckoned with during his time in maroon and gold.
The 6-foot-1, 288-pound lineman capped a tremendous collegiate career with 161 total tackles, 45.5 tackles for a loss, 20.5 sacks, nine pass deflections and four forced fumbles.
During his breakout junior campaign, in which he recorded a career-high 23.5 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks, he was not only the conference's top defensive player but a consensus All-American.
The Corona, Calif. became the 11th ASU defensive lineman to be drafted in the last 20 years, joining the likes of Bryan Proby, Shawn Swayda, Vince Amey, Jeremy Staat, Shante Carter, Junior Ioane, Erik Flowers, Jimmy Verdon, Dexter Davis and Lawrence Guy.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.