Former ASU RB Marion Grice goes to Chargers in 7th round
The San Diego Chargers made Grice their sixth-round pick (No. 201 overall), making him the first Sun Devil running back to be drafted since Ryan Torain in 2008.
Grice totaled 996 yards on 191 carries as a senior, scoring 14 touchdowns. He also caught a whopping 50 passes for 438 yards and six touchdowns.
Grice averaged better than five yards per carry in both of his seasons at ASU, and had runs longer than 40 yards in both seasons as well. He totaled 2,538 yards and 39 touchdowns in his ASU career.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?