Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 11:00 am
Brandan Kearney officially joins ASU basketball
Former Michigan State basketball player Brandan Kearney will transfer to Arizona State to finish his collegiate career.
Kearney released a statement Tuesday:
I've decided to finish my college basketball career at Arizona State University. There were 20 schools that contacted MSU, my family, my High School coach and my AAU coach. Texas A&M, Iowa State, and Arizona State were the top three schools that I considered.
Kearney, a 6-foot-5, 190-pound guard, played in 34 games for the Spartans as a freshman, scoring 1.2 points per game. This season, Kearney appeared in 13 games during MSU's non-conference schedule, scoring 2.3 points per game.
Rivals.com had Kearney rated as a three-star recruit out of Southeastern High School in Detroit in 2011. He was also offered scholarships by Florida International, Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio State.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!