Steve Patterson likes ASU's chances to make NCAA Tournament
The consensus among college hoops experts is that the Sun Devils are squarely on the bubble to join the field for this year's NCAA Tournament.
One person who understandably has a good feeling about the Devils' Big Dance hopes is Arizona State vice president for university athletics Steve Patterson, who told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Thursday that Saturday's home finale against Washington looms large.
"I think we've got a good shot. We need to get a win on Saturday -- it's a big night for us, it's a late game on television at nine o'clock.
"I think if we get that win and I think it would be good if we got one more win on the road, then I think we're in a pretty good position."
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, Patterson is happy with the growth the basketball program has seen this season.
"The last four games, it's the first time the school has had over student attendance over a thousand every game -- they were great (Wednesday) night, there was a lot of fun antics to watch," he said. "There's a lot of good buzz around the program right now."
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works