After Wednesday night's win over Washington State at Wells Fargo Arena, the Arizona State Sun Devils are 20-6 and in fourth place in a much-improved Pac-12.
The consensus among college hoops experts is that the Sun Devils are squarely on the bubble to join the field for this year's NCAA Tournament.
One person who understandably has a good feeling about the Devils' Big Dance hopes is Arizona State vice president for university athletics Steve Patterson, who told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Thursday that Saturday's home finale against Washington looms large.
"I think we've got a good shot. We need to get a win on Saturday -- it's a big night for us, it's a late game on television at nine o'clock.
"I think if we get that win and I think it would be good if we got one more win on the road, then I think we're in a pretty good position."
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, Patterson is happy with the growth the basketball program has seen this season.
"The last four games, it's the first time the school has had over student attendance over a thousand every game -- they were great (Wednesday) night, there was a lot of fun antics to watch," he said. "There's a lot of good buzz around the program right now."
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf