Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 12:11 am
ASU basketball receives No. 3 seed in NIT, will host Detroit Wednesday
Despite a disappointing end to their season -- lost five of last six games -- the Sun Devils were selected as a No. 3 seed in the NIT and will host Detroit Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. MST.
It marks the fourth time ASU has made the postseason in Herb Sendek's seven-year tenure in Tempe. If Sendek and Co. get by the Titans, they would play the winner of Baylor/Long Beach State.
The Sun Devils' last appearance in the NIT came in 2010 as a No. 1 seed. That year, ASU was upset in the first round of the tournament by No. 8-seeded Jacksonville.
Wednesday night's game will be shown on ESPNU.
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- ASU coach Sendek: There's positive mojo with the Sun Devils
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.