ASU basketball receives No. 3 seed in NIT, will host Detroit Wednesday
Despite a disappointing end to their season -- lost five of last six games -- the Sun Devils were selected as a No. 3 seed in the NIT and will host Detroit Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. MST.
It marks the fourth time ASU has made the postseason in Herb Sendek's seven-year tenure in Tempe. If Sendek and Co. get by the Titans, they would play the winner of Baylor/Long Beach State.
The Sun Devils' last appearance in the NIT came in 2010 as a No. 1 seed. That year, ASU was upset in the first round of the tournament by No. 8-seeded Jacksonville.
Wednesday night's game will be shown on ESPNU.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works