Updated Mar 22, 2013 - 1:15 pm
ASU analyst discusses Jahii Carson's future in Tempe
How could he?
But, Dodd believes Carson would be well served to return to college to refine his skills.
"It's so tough because he has some things in his game that translate to the NBA right away," Dodd told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Just beyond his years."
Dodd pointed to Carson's pacing on the floor as well as his ability to run the pick-and-roll as reasons why he could very well be a successful pro 20-year-old spends another season in Tempe.
"He does have to refine a couple of his skill sets and prove he can be a consistent outside shooter, which I think he can," Dodd said. "And I know a lot of people are talking about him going left and stuff; I think he has the ability to go left but if you're good going right and nobody's been able to stop it all year, I think you'll be fine."
Carson, who averaged 18.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game and was the Pac-12's Co-Freshman of the Year, may be ready to go. But Dodd has a feeling he won't.
"It should be interesting," he said. "I think, ultimately, if I had to...my gut would say that he might be back in a Sun Devil uniform."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.