ASU analyst discusses Jahii Carson's future in Tempe
How could he?
But, Dodd believes Carson would be well served to return to college to refine his skills.
"It's so tough because he has some things in his game that translate to the NBA right away," Dodd told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Just beyond his years."
Dodd pointed to Carson's pacing on the floor as well as his ability to run the pick-and-roll as reasons why he could very well be a successful pro 20-year-old spends another season in Tempe.
"He does have to refine a couple of his skill sets and prove he can be a consistent outside shooter, which I think he can," Dodd said. "And I know a lot of people are talking about him going left and stuff; I think he has the ability to go left but if you're good going right and nobody's been able to stop it all year, I think you'll be fine."
Carson, who averaged 18.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game and was the Pac-12's Co-Freshman of the Year, may be ready to go. But Dodd has a feeling he won't.
"It should be interesting," he said. "I think, ultimately, if I had to...my gut would say that he might be back in a Sun Devil uniform."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du