Ask Arizona State basketball color analyst Kyle Dodd if he thinks Sun Devil point guard Jahii Carson will return for another season, and he's quick to admit he has no idea.
How could he?
But, Dodd believes Carson would be well served to return to college to refine his skills.
"It's so tough because he has some things in his game that translate to the NBA right away," Dodd told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Just beyond his years."
Dodd pointed to Carson's pacing on the floor as well as his ability to run the pick-and-roll as reasons why he could very well be a successful pro 20-year-old spends another season in Tempe.
"He does have to refine a couple of his skill sets and prove he can be a consistent outside shooter, which I think he can," Dodd said. "And I know a lot of people are talking about him going left and stuff; I think he has the ability to go left but if you're good going right and nobody's been able to stop it all year, I think you'll be fine."
Carson, who averaged 18.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game and was the Pac-12's Co-Freshman of the Year, may be ready to go. But Dodd has a feeling he won't.
"It should be interesting," he said. "I think, ultimately, if I had to...my gut would say that he might be back in a Sun Devil uniform."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike