The number of finalists for the 2014 Bob Cousy Award -- given to the nation's top collegiate point guard -- was pared down to 20 players Monday, and four players from the Pac-12 made the cut, including two from Arizona schools.
Sophomore Jahii Carson of the 19-6 Arizona State Sun Devils and junior T.J. McConnell of the 19-2, fourth-ranked Arizona Wildcats were both chosen as finalists.
Carson is averaging 18.9 points, 4.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in 2013-14, while McConnell is posting 7.9 points, 5.4 assists, 4 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game.
Justin Cobbs of Cal and Kyle Anderson of UCLA are the other two point guards from the Pac-12 to be named in the final 20.
The number of finalists will be cut down to five by early March, according to the award's website, and the winner will be voted on by a Hall of Fame-appointed national selection committee later that month.
Click here to see the current list of finalists for the Cousy award.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.