Updated Feb 17, 2014 - 6:00 pm
T.J. McConnell, Jahii Carson chosen as finalists for 2014 Bob Cousy Award
Sophomore Jahii Carson of the 19-6 Arizona State Sun Devils and junior T.J. McConnell of the 19-2, fourth-ranked Arizona Wildcats were both chosen as finalists.
Carson is averaging 18.9 points, 4.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in 2013-14, while McConnell is posting 7.9 points, 5.4 assists, 4 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game.
Justin Cobbs of Cal and Kyle Anderson of UCLA are the other two point guards from the Pac-12 to be named in the final 20.
The number of finalists will be cut down to five by early March, according to the award's website, and the winner will be voted on by a Hall of Fame-appointed national selection committee later that month.
Click here to see the current list of finalists for the Cousy award.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.