Updated Feb 17, 2014 - 6:00 pm
T.J. McConnell, Jahii Carson chosen as finalists for 2014 Bob Cousy Award
Sophomore Jahii Carson of the 19-6 Arizona State Sun Devils and junior T.J. McConnell of the 19-2, fourth-ranked Arizona Wildcats were both chosen as finalists.
Carson is averaging 18.9 points, 4.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in 2013-14, while McConnell is posting 7.9 points, 5.4 assists, 4 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game.
Justin Cobbs of Cal and Kyle Anderson of UCLA are the other two point guards from the Pac-12 to be named in the final 20.
The number of finalists will be cut down to five by early March, according to the award's website, and the winner will be voted on by a Hall of Fame-appointed national selection committee later that month.
Click here to see the current list of finalists for the Cousy award.
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.