Sources have told ASUDevils.com that Arizona State men's basketball coach Herb Sendek has inked a contract extension with the university. According to the report, the extension is pending approval from the Arizona Board of Regents.
The contract, which would extend Sendek through the 2018-19 season according to the site, would also give the 51-year-old a raise in salary on top of the $1.2 million he currently makes annually. The coach's previous contract was set to expire on June 30, 2016.
In eight seasons with the Sun Devils, Sendek is 140-119 overall and 64-80 in the Pac-12. He has twice made the NCAA Tournament since arriving in Tempe.
Sendek's Devils made the tournament last season, following a 21-12 season and a third-place finish in the Pac-12. They lost their opening round game, 87-85, to the Texas Longhorns.
As noted by ASUDevils.com, Sendek received a $600,000 retention bonus just two months ago, on July 1.
Also extended Monday was women's basketball coach Charli Turner-Thorne, whose contract was set to expire at the end of next season.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.