Updated Dec 24, 2012 - 12:10 pm
UA moves up to No. 3 in AP Coaches Poll
After notching three more wins in a six-day span, including two on Saturday (East Tennessee State) and Sunday (Miami) in the Diamond Head Classic in Honululu, the Wildcats moved up a spot in the weekly AP Coaches Poll from No. 5 to No. 3.
UA, who shares the No. 3 spot with Louisville, will have another tough test Tuesday, when they battle No. 18 San Diego State for the holiday tournament title. Sean Miller's squad has already beaten one ranked team this season (No. 5 Florida on December 15).
The Wildcats benefited from Syracuse's loss to Tempe on Saturday, and remain the only Pac-12 team in the top 25.
Following Tuesday's non-conference clash with the Aztecs, UA will return home to open up Pac-12 play against Utah and Colorado on January 3 and 5.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.