Cat Tracks: No. 12 Wildcats notch win over Cougars
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's 73-56 win over Washington State on February 23.
Senior Kevin Parrom had a season-high 19 points, including hitting five of six three-pointers, to tie a career-best. He opened the game hitting two shots from downtown in the game's opening two minutes for Arizona. Parrom also paced the 'Cats with six rebounds.
The Wildcats also got a strong performance out of rookie center Kaleb Tarczewski, who added a career-high 12 points in the win. He also had six rebounds.
Arizona led by as many as 22 in the second half against the last-place Cougars.
The Wildcats struggled at times in the second half with Washington State's zone defense. They allowed the Cougars to shoot 52.2 percent in the half.
Washington State was able to cut their deficit to 11 points, behind a strong effort from Brock Motum. The senior led the Cougars with 20 points in the contest but struggled from the free throw line, missing six shots.
• The Wildcats claimed a half game lead in the Pac-12, as they improved to 11-4 in conference play and 23-4 overall on the season.
• The Cougars have lost six straight games to the 'Cats.
• Arizona shot 55.6 from the field and went 11-of-22 from three-point range.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will next face USC on Wednesday, February 27. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.