Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 11:46 am
Wildcats land ESPN top 30 prospect for 2014
Loyola High School point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright verballed to the Wildcats after a weekend visit to Tucson.
UA's No. 1 target at point guard told ESPN's recruiting nation that UA coach Sean Miller played a huge role in his decision.
"I feel like the Pac-12 is a great fit for me," he said. "I've been recruited by most of the schools and Arizona was the best fit for style of play. And I think Sean Miller is the best coach in the Pac-12. This is a tough league with great players coming in and out every year and it'll challenge me, but I'm ready for the challenge."
According to Adams, his point guard found a kindred spirit in Miller, who played the point for Pittsburgh during his college days.
"Coach Miller and Parker built that relationship," Adams said. "He's going to play for a point guard, and that was big."
Jackson-Cartwright is currently averaging 14 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals at Loyola, all after missing 12 games with a stress reaction in his foot at the beginning of the season.
The junior was the sixth top 30 recruit of 2014 to make a committment.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.