Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:31 am
Former UA forward Solomon Hill selected with No. 23 overall pick
The Indiana Pacers selected the 6-foot-7 senior with the No. 23 overall pick.
"It feels great to be a first-round draft pick, and it's very humbling," Hill said. "I've learned that you have to focus on being the best player you can be and do the little things to help your team win. That's something Coach Miller helped me focus on over the last few seasons, and it's great to see the hard work pay off."
Hill, who averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game during his final season in Tucson, was the first Wildcat to be taken in the draft since Derrick Williams (Minnesota Timberwolves, 2011).
"Our congratulations go out to Solomon on being the 23rd selection in tonight's draft by the Indiana Pacers," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Each year that Solomon played at the U of A, he improved his game. His desire to excel, competitive spirit, basketball intelligence and team-centered attitude are unmatched. Those characteristics will continue to serve him well on the professional level. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll have a successful career in the NBA."
Since the NBA Draft was shortened to two rounds back in 1989, UA's had 32 former players drafted.
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.