C.J. McCollum tweets Stephen Curry can’t guard him in 2016, proves it in playoffs
Portland Trail Blazers shooting guard C.J. Mccollum has proven to be a great follow on Twitter.
Whether it’s burning Memphis Grizzlies forward Chandler Parsons or giving props to the Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker for his 70-point performance, he’s one of the best in the NBA on social media.
One of this tweets from last summer came full circle when he answered a question from a fan regarding if a certain MVP could defend him.
The 25-year-old got a chance to prove if this was the case in Game 1 of the two teams’ matchup in the first round of the playoffs when in a surprise to many analysts, the point guard Curry guarded the shooting guard McCollum.
Turns out, McCollum wasn’t wrong last summer.
At one point in the first half, his 27 points had come on 15 shots in only 14 minutes.
The Warriors, however, proved why they were the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, as despite McCollum and teammate Damian Lillard combining for 48 points at halftime, the game was tied.
- A list of potential Suns head coaching candidates
- “I’m done with not making the playoffs”: Devin Booker looking for future success with team
- LeBron James makes it known he’s king of New York in return to MSG
- Depleted Suns fall to Golden State Warriors in home finale
- Warriors’ JaVale McGee eats fan’s popcorn at Suns game