Portland Trail Blazers shooting guard C.J. Mccollum has proven to be a great follow on Twitter.
Whether it’s burning Memphis Grizzlies forward Chandler Parsons or giving props to the Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker for his 70-point performance, he’s one of the best in the NBA on social media.
One of this tweets from last summer came full circle when he answered a question from a fan regarding if a certain MVP could defend him.
The 25-year-old got a chance to prove if this was the case in Game 1 of the two teams’ matchup in the first round of the playoffs when in a surprise to many analysts, the point guard Curry guarded the shooting guard McCollum.
Turns out, McCollum wasn’t wrong last summer.
At one point in the first half, his 27 points had come on 15 shots in only 14 minutes.
The Warriors, however, proved why they were the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, as despite McCollum and teammate Damian Lillard combining for 48 points at halftime, the game was tied.
- Trivia Tuesday: Last stops for NBA legends
- 2017 NBA Finals: Things sure looked easy for Golden State Warriors
- Steve Nash hugging Kevin Durant after Dubs win will give you all the feels
- Durant leads Warriors past Cavaliers in Game 5 to win NBA Finals
- David West and Tristan Thompson got very close during NBA Finals fight