Chad Johnson happy to join the Coyotes — well, sort of
When Chad Johnson learned of the tweet by Arizona Sports’ Craig Morgan that he was heading to the play for the Coyotes, he was happy about the news, except it was the wrong Chad Johnson.
While Chad Johnson the hockey player has yet to comment about becoming the Coyotes’ newest goaltender, Chad Johnson the football player tweeted his enthusiasm to be in Arizona.
Johnson, the former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver otherwise known as Chad Ochocinco responded to Morgan’s tweet by simply saying:
While the football Johnson hasn’t played in the NFL since the 2012 season, the hockey Johnson will be making a return trip to the Coyotes after playing for the team in the 2012-13 lockout-shortened season. He appeared in four games where he saved 103 of 108 shot attempts for a save percentage of .954 and recorded one shutout.
- Coyotes’ Clayton Keller announced Calder Memorial Trophy Finalist
- ‘Yotes Notes: Max Domi still a core piece of Arizona’s future
- Check please: Phoenix Children’s Hospital grateful for $250,000 from Arizona Coyotes Foundation
- NFL player takes teen to prom for special-needs students
- Roadrunners are Calder Cup contenders in Year 2 of existence